|Getting There |||Just east of Cambie Street, off W 49th Avenue|
|Open Year Round. Dawn to dusk.|
Profile Last Updated: September 23, 2008
Originally built by the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1926, this course in the heart of the city has since been redesigned by Thomas McBroom. The first public course to be renovated by the city during the 1990s, it is now a par 71, 6,085-yard course with tight contoured, tree-lined fairways, tougher traps and top-notch greens with enough dips and bends to keep golfers on their toes. The easy games on the old course have given way to much more challenging workouts.
Warming up before the game or putting in some practice time is accomplished at the warm up net and large putting green. There’s also a short-game practise green located amid lovely mature trees. There are other ways to warm up as well. The course is surrounded by a walking and jogging trail, and there are tennis courts and a playground found along the way.
Langara’s Pro Shop, open seven days a week, carries a good selection of golf apparel and equipment. Power carts, pull carts and game equipment are available for rent for both men and women. The Clubhouse offers full meal services in an inviting dining lounge that has glass walls overlooking the course. There’s a licensed bar where golfers can relax with appetizers and watch sporting events on four large-screen TVs. Bar food includes all-day breakfast and various choices such as hot dogs and burgers.
Tee times: (604) 280-1818